Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Lest We Forget



As many of you know, I'm a serving member of the Canadian Military. The RCN (Royal Canadian Navy) to be more persist.

I’ve been in for almost 10 years, I've been deployed, I have 530 days at sea, (not counting days in port or the endless weeks spend in and out of harbour doing trials) I've been to 14 different countries. Would I change it if I had my time back? Not a chance, I’d gladly do it all over again. I am proud to be a part of the force that has made it possible for us to be free. To live every day in a country where, we as people are free to live in piece, live in safety, without fear and frankly to live freely. There are so many things we take for granted, small things that never crosses our minds, like the simple act of opening our doors and walking to our cars, the bus stop, or to school. Not all countries can do this, and every day I thank the men and woman that give their lives so that we can.

Today, take the time give thanks when you remember, because there are places in the world where walking to get water is a hazard, where you could be hung for speaking your mind; places where people are too scared to sleep because it's simply not safe to do so. We don't like to think about it, we push it in the back of our minds because somewhere we think, that can't still be happening? We forget because we are at piece, we are safe, and we are free.
On this day, take time to remember, to give thanks, to acknowledge that what was done, what is still being done; so this country can stay at piece, stay safe and most of all, stay free.
Lest We Forget

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, all comments are moderated. Please reframe from comment fights, everyone has a right to their own opinion, if you don't like it, to bad.

I love to hear your thoughts, and crazy idea's. I'll make very effort to replay to your comment and views. :)

-Cheers.